A rebirth of global bird tracking & data monitoring!
The Phoenix—our latest bird-tracking and data-monitoring technology, and the first of its kind worldwide—is an internal GPS receiver with a 56-channel GPS engine within a nitrogen-filled enclosure. Manufactured by Polaris Avian Instruments, it transmits real-time data from the field to the internet using a built-in solar cell and charging circuit, with a rechargeable Li-Polymer battery.
IT’S A REAL POWERHOUSE DEVICE that rises above the status quo to deliver actionable data to conservation and academic communities alike. So, without further ado, we’d like to give you a more detailed overview of our latest product (for your convenience, you can download our Phoenix fact sheet as a PDF). To place an order, download our order form here.
fire and passion spark
data and conservation
your knowledge, reborn
- Dimensions: 60” W x 4.73” L x 1.26” H
- Weight: 60 grams ( 2.1 oz.) nominal
- Material: Glass-filled nylon
- Battery: 800 mA-h High Discharge Li-Po
- Operating Temperature: -10°C to +50°C
- GPS fixes per day: 1 to 24 based on solar charging conditions
- Memory: 8-Megabit Flash
- Storage: Up to 90,000 samples
UPLINK TRANSMIT SPECIFICATIONS
- Frequency: 25 MHz (Channel A); 1616.25 MHz (Channel C)
- Frequency Select: Automatic (from GPS location)
- Power:18 dBm, ±2 dB
- Antenna: Dual-feed Patch
GPS RECEIVER SPECIFICATIONS
- Receiver Type: 56-Channel, u-Blox 7 engine
- Datum: WGS84
- Receiver Accuracy: 5 m CEP
- Antenna: 12 mm square patch